‘Broke’ ANC starts paying workers after three months
Following a public crowdfunding initiative, the ANC has started paying some of its staff, especially junior employees at Luthuli House. The workers at the party’s headquarters in Johannesburg had not been paid for three months, leading to a strike.
The strike resulted in the governing party failing to submit a full list of its local government election candidates to the Electoral Commission of SA last month.Subscribe to News24 for just R75 per month to read all our investigative and in-depth journalism. You can cancel any time.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ex-PEC members sue ANC for contempt of court | CitypressEfforts by newly elected North West Premier Bushy Maape to stabilise the province are being thwarted by a new challenge in the form of court action against the ANC, in which Maape is also a respondent.
Read more »
Niehaus says ANC broke 'every part' of SA's labour laws to sack himSpeaking to TimesLIVE on Friday, Niehaus vowed to appeal his sacking.
Read more »
Niehaus says ANC broke 'every part' of SA's labour laws to sack himThe party fired Niehaus on Thursday after he stated publicly that he was going to open criminal charges against the party leadership over its handling of the salaries of staff.
Read more »
Bachelor SA's Lee Thompson comes clean on why he and Gina Myers broke up | ChannelIn his upcoming tell-all book, The Bachelor SA season one's Lee Thompson will reveal why he and Gina Myers broke up after giving her his final rose.
Read more »
Troubled ANC region to rerun councillor candidates processANC members in the Moses Mabhida Region say they are looking forward to the rerun of the councillor candidate selection process.
Read more »