Archie Battersbee’s family prepare appeal bid to keep him on life support

South Africa News News

Archie Battersbee’s family prepare appeal bid to keep him on life support
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 MetroUK
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 45 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 82%

A High Court judge concluded doctors could lawfully stop providing care Archie Battersbee, but his family now want the Court of Appeal to reconsider his case.

The family of Archie Battersbee are preparing to mount an appeal bid to keep him on life-support treatment after a judge ruled the youngster is dead.

Archie Battersbee, 12, was found unresponsive with a ligature around his neck at his home in Essex on April 7. He has not regained consciousness since.Mrs Justice Arbuthnot concluded doctors could lawfully stop providing care to the boy after considering evidence at theArchie’s parents, Hollie Dance and Paul Battersbee, from Southend, Essex, say the youngster’s heart is still beating and want treatment to continue.

They now want Court of Appeal judges to consider the case and will ask Mrs Justice Arbuthnot to give them the go-ahead to launch an appeal.Archie’s mother, Hollie Dance, speaking outside the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, after the High Court judgement Archie’s mother has urged a judge to give the youngster ‘more time’ Doctors treating Archie at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, think the youngster is “brain-stem dead”.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MetroUK /  🏆 13. in UK

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Archie Battersbee: Family of boy ruled dead seeks appealArchie Battersbee: Family of boy ruled dead seeks appealThe family has another court hearing after a judge ruled that Archie Battersbee, 12, was brain-dead.
Read more »

Millie Court celebrates 'getting my bum back' after going up 2 dress sizesMillie Court celebrates 'getting my bum back' after going up 2 dress sizesFormer Love Islander Millie Court, who won last year's series with her now-boyfriend Liam Reardon, is celebrating after gaining two dress sizes since her time on the show
Read more »

Alice Evans has 'no money for food and bills' amid court battle with ex IoanAlice Evans has 'no money for food and bills' amid court battle with ex IoanAlice Evans has said she is ‘completely out of money for food and bills’ amid her bitter split and court case with estranged husband Ioan Gruffudd.
Read more »

I went from size 6 to 10 after going on Love Island - but I prefer my body now I’ve put on weight, says Millie CourtI went from size 6 to 10 after going on Love Island - but I prefer my body now I’ve put on weight, says Millie CourtMILLIE Court has opened up about how gaining weight has made her feel better about herself. The Love Island winner said she prefers her size 10 body now compared to when she topped the ITV2 dating …
Read more »

Archie Battersbee: Family of boy ruled dead seeks appealArchie Battersbee: Family of boy ruled dead seeks appealThe family has another court hearing after a judge ruled that Archie Battersbee, 12, was brain-dead.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 20:09:33