Tyson Fury recently challenged Anthony Joshua to a long-awaited all-British showdown and offered the two-time world champion a 60-40 purse.
Anthony Joshua has accepted terms for a fight against Tyson Fury in December, his management company has said.
In a tweet, 258 MGT said that it and Matchroom Boxing, Joshua's promoter, had"accepted all terms" presented to it by Fury's team on Friday.The update was not made public last week"due to the Queen's passing", 258 MGT added.Frank Warren, Fury's promoter, replied"contract will be with you very soon", accompanied by a boxing glove emoji.
That was after it emerged that a prospective undisputed clash against Oleksandr Usyk was unlikely to happen until 2023. Fury, 34, initially highlighted 26 November at Wembley or 3 December at Cardiff as potential dates for the fight.The pair had been set to fight in August 2021 before plans were scuppered by an arbitration judge ruling that Deontay Wilder was contractually entitled to a third fight against Fury, which the American heavyweight would
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Anthony Joshua accepts terms for Tyson Fury fight on December 3Fury 34-year-old initially highlighted November 26 at Wembley or December 3 at Cardiff as potential dates for the fight
Read more »
Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua fight talks on hold 'out of respect for Royal Family'Tyson Fury’s promoter says talks over a British superfight with Anthony Joshua are on hold following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
Read more »
Fury over schools football match despite FA order following Queen's deathThe Football Association (FA) ordered that no matches at all levels including the grassroots should be played this weekend 'as a mark of respect' for The Queen
Read more »