Louis Edward Flood, now 77 years old, is a convicted sex offender who vanished while on parole in Idaho in 2001
after serving three years of an 18-year sentence for lewd conduct with a minor and sexual abuse of a child under 16. He was featured in 2011 on the investigative TV series that tries to help get wanted fugitives back in custody.
RCMP in Creston were tipped in mid-July that Flood was in the area, and that’s when Const. Dave Bickle jumped on the case. He reached out to the U.S. Marshal Service, Idaho State Corrections and Idaho State Police to get records on Flood. U.S. officials were able to provide a photo from 2000 that was used to confirm his identity.
“I was contacted immediately after my initial request and they provided me Flood’s records from 2001,” said Bickle in a statement. “They outlined how he was not complying with his parole and they provided the warrant for his arrest. Bickle got a removal warrant from Canada Border Services Agency and Flood was taken into custody at Okanagan Correctional Centre on July 21. He was returned to the U.S. on Monday.“I never thought I would be involved with such an interesting arrest and to have the opportunity to work with so many different agencies,” said Bickle. “This is a highlight for my career.”
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
More Canadians buying flood insurance, but those in high-risk areas face hurdles‘Anecdotally speaking, for high-risk areas, flood insurance is still very hard to find,’ economist says
Read more »
Luxury Hamilton Condo Offers Free Louis Vuitton Handbag with PurchasePurchasers of an upcoming luxury Hamilton condominium development will get a free new Louis Vuitton handbag as an added bonus.
Read more »
Active shooter alert issued by RCMP in Langley was only the second in B.C.Almost immediately, police were questioned on the timing of the alert, sent out nearly an hour after a suspect had been shot and killed.
Read more »
Active shooter alert issued by RCMP in Langley was only the second in B.C.Almost immediately, police were questioned on the timing of the alert, sent out nearly an hour after a suspect had been shot and killed.
Read more »
Evening Update: Pope apologizes for ‘catastrophic’ effects of residential schoolsAlso: Three dead in mass shooting in Langley, B.C.; RCMP head and Rogers executives give parliamentary testimony
Read more »