After sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconduct

South Africa News News

After sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconduct
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 CP24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 58 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 67%

The Canadian military has concluded on the balance of probabilities that Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin 'did not engage in sexual misconduct' after the senior military officer was acquitted of sexual assault late last year.

The Canadian military has concluded on the balance of probabilities that Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin "did not engage in sexual misconduct" after the senior military officer was acquitted of sexual assault late last year.

"We acknowledge that this has been a long and difficult process for all individuals impacted by this matter," he added. "I am looking forward to serving Canadians in a Canadian Armed Forces position that is commensurate with my rank and experience," Fortin said in a written statement provided to The Canadian Press on Monday. Fortin was the head of the government's COVID-19 vaccine rollout when the historical allegation emerged. He was removed from the role in May 2021 pending an investigation.

Fortin said he intends to continue fighting his "unfair removal" and "lack of due process" at the Federal Court of Appeal. The government has denied Fortin's claims that he was removed due to political interference. In an interview with The Canadian Press last month, Fortin's lawyer, Natalia Rodriguez, left the door open to an additional lawsuit or settlement. Rodriguez said her client had essentially been left in limbo for 18 months and this had limited his ability to work and be promoted before reaching the military's mandatory retirement age of 55 this coming summer.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CP24 /  🏆 30. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

After sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductAfter sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductThe Canadian military has concluded on the balance of probabilities that Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin 'did not engage in sexual misconduct' after the senior military officer was acquitted of sexual assault late last year.
Read more »

After sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductAfter sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductA spokesman for the Canadian Armed Forces says an administrative review is not required in the case
Read more »

Military concludes Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin did not commit sexual assault | CBC NewsMilitary concludes Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin did not commit sexual assault | CBC NewsThe military will not take administrative action against Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin after his commander concluded he does not believe Fortin committed sexual assault on campus when he was a cadet more than 30 years ago.
Read more »

From the ‘millennial pause’ to the boomerang: Why Gen Z finds these social media habits so cringeyFrom the ‘millennial pause’ to the boomerang: Why Gen Z finds these social media habits so cringeyMillennials are aging, a fact betrayed for many of us by the slow emergence of grey hairs or aching bones. But the dead giveaway, at least according to Gen Z, are our “cringey’ social media habits, especially on platforms like TikTok, writes rdassaly.
Read more »

After sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductAfter sex assault acquittal, military clears Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin of misconductA spokesman for the Canadian Armed Forces says an administrative review is not required in the case
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:36:19