About 40 homes destroyed, 500 evacuated after fire in Seoul shanty town
Around 500 people were evacuated on Friday after fire broke out in a shanty town in the South Korean capital Seoul, fire authorities said.
The fire erupted at 6:27 a.m. in Guryong Village in southern Seoul, which is home to more than 600 households. About 40 homes have been destroyed so far, fire officials said, adding they have called out 140 firefighters to contain the fire. President Yoon Suk Yeol called for all-out efforts to minimize the damage and mobilize all available firefighters and equipment, his spokeswoman Kim Eun-hye said.
Interior Minister Lee Sang-min also instructed officials to prevent any secondary damage and protect other residents in the nearby areas, the ministry said.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
More than 500 advertisers have reportedly paused spending on TwitterTwitter’s daily revenue on Jan. 17 was 40% lower than the same day a year ago, The Information reported on Wednesday
Read more »
K-pop star Jin of BTS completes basic training for military service in South KoreaThe oldest member of the K-pop supergroup BTS has completed five weeks of basic training as part of his mandatory military service in South Korea.
Read more »
North Korea calls for normalizing factories, economy after COVID 'upheaval'The reclusive country’s rubber\u002Dstamp parliament, the Supreme People’s Assembly, held a two\u002Dday meeting Tuesday.
Read more »
North Korea calls for normalizing factories, economy after COVID 'upheaval'SEOUL — North Korea’s parliament has outlined plans to normalize industrial production and meet its economic goals this year, despite the “worst\u002Dever upheaval”…
Read more »